Monday, March 8, 2010

What is in your hand?


 

This has been a question that most people have heard and read.  Most especially that this story has been shared to us in Elementary if not also Middle School. Read the passage below;

Exo 4:1  And Moses, answering, said, It is certain that they will not have faith in me or give ear to my voice; for they will say, You have not seen the Lord.
Exo 4:2  And the Lord said to him, What is that in your hand? And he said, A rod.

After reading this it reminded me on how the Lord called me to ministry years back.  I had hesitations.  I even told the Lord that there would be others worthy than I am. But at the end of the day His will became true in my life.

The passage above and on how the lord called up Moses to become the messiah of Israel at this time is true to most of us if not all of us.  Whether you are going into business or life in general – there is not excuse the Lord can use us with what we already have. Just like Moses who had a rod which seems to have no value. The same with us – we thought what we have is of no value but the truth is the Lord can use us with that because the power do not come from us but from Him.  Just a few minutes before writing this I spoke to a friend and brother of mine Ryan.  He shared to me his experience about telling someone about Jesus Christ and how he thinks he is incapable of doing so.  But the Lord simply impressed upon my heart to acknowledge and affirm what he did and tell him that “you are an evangelist”.  That prophecy is true to all of us.  We are marketing and sales directors of the our faith.  How convinced we are with our product will become and start sharing our faith with others regardless of how ill-equip we think we are but truth be known – God can use you for mighty things because you simply yielded to His will.

What is in your Hand today?

With that God can make you an instrument of change and of blessings for others starting today.

Shalom!

MPM









No comments:

Post a Comment