Monday, April 5, 2010

A new morning

Although I did this in the past but for quite awhile now I have fallen astray from my early morning jog.  Bu today by the grace of the Lord I woke up 5am and took our puppy Labrador Waffles out for my usual 30 minute jog.  But before I did that I felt that great feeling of joy in my heart and immediately thanked the Lord as soon as I got up from bed and grab my Bible down our foyer.  Read chapter 26 and was meted with the message of the command of the Lord in relation to the creation of a House for the Lord.  What was resonating in my heart since then was the fact that the Lord only wanted pure gold to be used as a major part of the items in the tent.

 

With that in mind it made me realize the similar new testament message including those from a king in the golden age of Israel and a man who asked nothing more than wisdom from the Lord – King Solomon.

 

Proverbs 22:1  A good name is more to be desired than great wealth, and to be respected is better than silver and gold.

 

Then I remember that song from Vineyard "Refiners fire". For you who may not have known of the song please take the time to read through the lyrics below;

Refiner's Fire (key of E)

E    B      C#m
Purify my heart
             F#m7      Bsus  B  Bsus  B 
let me be as gold and precious silver
E    B       C#m
Purify my heart,
             F#m7   E    B
let me be as gold, pure gold
 
CHORUS:
E   A     B
Refiner's fire
E          A     B
My heart's one desire
      E  B
is to be holy
E      A      Bsus  B
set apart for You Lord.
            E  B
I choose to be holy
E      A        E      B
set apart for you my master,
F#m      Bsus B   A       E
ready to do your will.
 
E    B     C#m
Purify my heart,
                   F#m7     Bsus B Bsus B
cleanse me from within and make me holy.
E    B     C#m
Purify my heart,
                                F#m7   E    B

cleanse me from my sin, deep within

 

So if you fancy playing the guitar then you can do so and enjoy the refiners fire that will purify our heart as gold.

That refiners fire is the Holy Spirit and in that regard without the Holy Spirit being pure as gold in the eyes of God is impossible.

I encourage you to establish a relationship first and foremost with the Lord Jesus Christ and make Him your Lord and Savior. Then the promise of the refiners fire coming from the Holy Spirit will simply flow into your life and you will enjoy the beauty of being refined as gold.  Now you and I can be a part of the growing individuals who seek God earnestly in their lives and enjoy the blessings that goes with it.

Revelation 21:15  And he who was talking with me had a gold measuring-rod to take the measure of the town, and of its doors, and its wall.

 

Allow me to take you out of context and into a revelation from the Lord that this measuring rod would be to measure our gold nature.

 

Being pure as gold is not a audacious desire but rather something the Lord has already enabled or empowered us to do.

 

2Peter 1:1  Simon Peter, a servant and Apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who with us have a part in the same holy faith in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Peter 1:2  May grace and peace ever be increasing in you, in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;

2Peter 1:3  Because by his power he has given us everything necessary for life and righteousness, through the knowledge of him who has been our guide by his glory and virtue

 

This is our promise of an empowered life. Do not take the devils' word it. He is a liar and he

comes not to give you victory but in Jesus Christ we have won the race by His grace.

 

Shalom!

 

 

 

 



Adding more friends is quick and easy.
Import them over to Yahoo! Mail today!

No comments:

Post a Comment