Sunday, April 4, 2010

A new Thing!

It has been awhile since I last connected over the web.

 

Well for others 3 days without the internet, television and cell phone is not much but for me 3 days was like forever. My wife and I including my sister and her boyfriend took part of an activity which requires a number of sacrifice (what I mentioned above was part of it).

 

I praise God because for that period the Lord gave us the strength to make it through the 3 day period without those things I enjoy much – internet, cell phone, television and food.

 

Now all of us on our regular day. But as part of what the promise of the Lord for us this period is that we will experience something new.

 

Taking from the book of Isaiah 43:19.

 

We will indeed expect with great anticipation and faith that the Lord will indeed do a new thing for us.

 

In addition to it – I went home today with a new learning pertaining to the covenant of the Lord with Abraham as written in Genesis 17.

 

Gen 17:2  And I will make an agreement between you and me, and your offspring will be greatly increased.

Gen 17:3  And Abram went down on his face on the earth, and the Lord God went on talking with him, and said,

Gen 17:4  As for me, my agreement is made with you, and you will be the father of nations without end.

Gen 17:5  No longer will your name be Abram, but Abraham, for I have made you the father of a number of nations.

Gen 17:6  I will make you very fertile, so that nations will come from you and kings will be your offspring.

Gen 17:7  And I will make between me and you and your seed after you through all generations, an eternal agreement to be a God to you and to your seed after you.

Gen 17:8  And to you and to your seed after you, I will give the land in which you are living, all the land of Canaan for an eternal heritage; and I will be their God.

 

You might be telling yourself now that why would I be excited with this since the promise was given to Abraham and not mine but then again Paul said something in Galatians specifically about this covenant with Abraham.

 

Gal 3:13  Christ has made us free from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us: because it is said in the Writings, A curse on everyone who is put to death by hanging on a tree:

Gal 3:14  So that on the Gentiles might come the blessing of Abraham in Christ Jesus; in order that we through faith might have the Spirit which God had undertaken to give.

 

That is something new that I took home today in the context that I feel so great and I know in my heart with faith that the Lord has begun to do new things in my life and to those close to me.

 

To you reading this I encourage you to be part of the faith that believes in Jesus Christ as the only one who gave salvation for you and me.

 

To God be the glory!

 

Shalom!



Yahoo! Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist. Download it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment