Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The power of the OIL in the Bible(the Oil Part II)


The Bible is filled with a lot of instances by which the Oil is used.  Although what is basic about this Oil is that it is specifically Olive Oil.  In the Old Testament Kings were anointed with Oil, before they were to sit on the throne they need to be anointed first. David was a classic example.  He was anointed by Samuel.  Apart from this when the Lord commanded Moses to make the Tent of Meeting practically every single item mentioned was anointed (Exodus 30) with oil though a special concoction was made to anoint Aaron as priest(Exo 29:7). What is to be noted here is that one of the effects and major result expected from this anointing of oil is for sanctification and consecration.

 

Jumping to the New Testament this oil became a picture of power.  I believe they still used oil in this part of the Bible for anointing but what was prevalent in the New Testament was the fact that the as believers of Jesus Christ we were commanded to use oil and lay our hands on the sick and they will be healed(James 5:13-15).  

 

This speaks of the power and importance of the anointing oil in the Bible. There is indeed power for it for the saints of today.

 

An invitation >  Start enjoying the new things the Lord has been doing in this season.  I know that it is not just for me – you can be a partaker of it also.  Say this prayer and be part of the faith – "dear Jesus, I thank you for your forgiveness for all the sins I have done in the past.  I believe that you came and died for me and three days later you rose from death and starting today I accept you as my Lord and Savior. I also believe with my entire being that new things will begin to unfold before my eyes and your will be done upon my life.  I receive all of this by faith in Jesus Christ, amen."

If you said that prayer, I am happy as well as the angels in heaven who are celebrating for your name has been written in the Book of Life. You have made me very happy and I am overjoyed by your decision of faith. Drop me a mail mlester1997@yahoo.com.ph, send me your prayer request so I can pray for you and your family.

To God be the glory!

 Shalom!

mpm

 


No comments:

Post a Comment